|Mr. Wilson Isemusoro, demonstrating to Head teacher the qualities of a good manager during the EPP review meeting at Virina Gardens, Kasese Municipality|
|Head Teachers at the EPP review meeting on 5th Sept 2013|
To map the way forward in improving the quality of Education the head teachers had the following as points for the period Sept-December 2013.
|Mr. Mwanje Joseph, Head Teacher, Bwera Demonstration, contributing to the action points|
1. To enforce and implement the government policy of the " Books in the Hands of the Pupils". The participants also added that while the policy was good, but efforts should be made to guide the teachers while implementing that policy;
2. Training of School Management Committees and PTA should be emphasised in order to achieve collective responsibilities;
3. Motivation of teachers using available means within the school like involvement in organising for activities and managing the budgets;
4. Rewards for the best performing pupils- Best English Speaker and other components like environment, cleanliness, hard working with certificates;
5. Planning for the school calender including preparations for PLE- the head teachers also recommended to have an inter class/school debating competitions;
6. On the academic part, the head teachers also recommended to have an inter school seminars targeting P.6-P.7 Pupils.
The review meeting was also attended by the RWECO Coordinator Mr. Jimmy B. Odyek who made a quick scan of the action points that were made during the head teachers meeting held on 16th April, 2012 at the launch of the EPP project by the Kasese District Eduction Officer, Mr. George Mainja.
RWECO committed her self to continue supporting the schools in sharing information using ICT tools and online platforms as was demonstrated from:http://eduvoice.ug/ and http://www.budget.go.ug/index.php
Watch this space for more: